You will generally have an active role in the planning process, working directly with TQ’s digital consultants to provide administrative support by accomplishing tasks ranging from performing research and analysis, assisting in data entry and record-keeping, producing reports and ensure proper implementation of plans and strategies. You must possess a strong willingness to learn and show initiative in the course of your internship.
- Assisting in communicating with external partners, and vendors about digital consulting
- Working within assigned deadlines to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from customers, volunteers and other project users to gauge satisfaction and success
- Support for project specific need such as documentation, analysis, information gathering and sharing
- Generate reports, create PowerPoint presentations
So… what does it take to get this role?
- Strong passion for social impact
- Organized and detailed oriented individual
- Process-oriented and structural/systematic thinking
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset
- Strong written English, with clear and concise wording and professional tone
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times. Jobs in this field require the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as the ability to manage a project from start to completion to delivery
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Possess a creative flair and basic graphic design skills (Canva will do!)
- Final year student majoring in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Business, Human Resource, or Psychology.