As a Web Application Developer, you will be a key member of the tech team and a crucial component of driving ThunderQuote’s continual growth.
You will be engaging with the core product development and working with the development team in executing front-end implementation for feature development and platform upgrades as well as on-going improvements to ensure user-centric design and improve the user interface and experience on the ThunderQuote platforms and products. You will also have opportunities to explore the conceptualisation of new products from ground up to meet the diverse needs of the non-profit and governance sector.
Here are some ways you will be working together with us at ThunderQuote:
- Assisting in core product development
- Creation of new solutions, projects, tools and scripts for use in the non-profit and governance space
- Working with back-end technologies such as PHP7+, Node.JS, MySQL, Python
- Working with server-less technologies, such as AWS Lambda and DynamoDB.
- Develop and implement UI for upcoming new features on our platforms and products
- Testing and implementation of UI/UX elements and design to improve overall customer experience on our platforms.
- Creation of web tools and process automation tools to assist the business team
- Optimise existing code base.
So… what does it take to get this role?
- Willingness to execute and self-learn
- Have interest in programming,
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Understanding of WordPress and/or PHP/mySQL scripting functions.
- Understand how utilise CSS3 and HTML5 to implement design elements
- Good design sense
- Must be meticulous and provide well-documented code
- Able to work with a team using tools like git.
- Understand how to develop and implement AJAX call functions to a PHP/or Express based server backend.
- Prior experience in working on a single page HTML5 application
- Prior experience in website / web app design
- Degree in Computer Science is not compulsory
- Only Malaysian citizens and PRs are eligible, no work visas will be issued.